Ingredients for Salmon:
4 tablespoons jalapeno olive oil, divided
salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
4 6-oz. skinless salmon fillets
1 rjalapeño, thinly sliced into rings (remove seeds to reduce heat)
2 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
2 tablespoons drained capers
Ingredients for Corn, Tomato, Avocado & Basil Salad:
- 2-3 ears of fresh corn
- 2 cups of cherry tomatoes
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled and seeded
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1-2 small shallots, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon sea or kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Dress with Italian White Truffle Oil and Traditional Balsamic Vinegarette
Directions for Salmon:
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Rub salmon with 1 Tbsp. jalapeno oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Roast until salmon is opaque throughout, 10–15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine chile, vinegar, and a pinch of salt in a small bowl for 10 minutes or until chiles have softened.
- Mix in capers and remaining 1 Tbsp. oil; season with salt and pepper
Directions for Salad:
- Remove corn from the cob
- Slice the cherry tomatoes in half
- Dice the avocados into cubes and cut the cucumber into similar sized cubes
- Put the corn kernels, tomatoes, avocado, cucumber, and basil into a serving bowl and season with freshly ground black pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the Italian truffle oil, mustard, shallots, salt, and traditional balsamic vinegar.
- Pour the vinaigrette dressing over the salad and gently mix together.
Photos by Leslie Carvitto