*This recipe was adapted from The Yummy Beet
This salad makes an excellent lunch or side dish to go with dinner. To bulk it up with protein, I suggest adding avocado, sweet potato or garbanzo beans. It can be enjoyed warm or cold and can be preserved in the refrigerator for a few days. The cook time is less than 30 minutes and while the original recipe says it feeds 4, I found that it fed 2 hungry people. So feel free to double or triple the recipe if you're sharing it with friends or family.
- 1 head broccoli
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 ounces feta, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1 tbsp oregano olive oil
- 1 tbsp rosemary olive oil
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- For the salad, toss broccoli, walnuts, rosemary and oregano olive oil, dried oregano, salt, and pepper into a bowl.
- Spread in an even layer onto a pan and roast for 15 minutes
- Remove, add to a large bowl and cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Add feta and raisins.
- For the dressing, combine vinegar, olive oil, garlic, and nutmeg in a bowl.
- Add to broccoli mixture and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.
Photos by Leslie Carvitto