- 1/2 pound of Brussel sprouts, trimmed
- 4-5 anchovy fillets
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1/4 cup lightly toasted walnuts
- 1/2 lemon
- pecorino romano cheese for topping
- salt & fresh black pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- meyer lemon olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spread nuts on a single layer baking sheet and roast for 5-10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Use a sharp cutting knife to slice Brussels sprouts very thinly. (A mandolin works too if you have one.)
- Chop the anchovies very fine and smear them into a paste.
- Chop the garlic very fine and drizzle with a little bit of extra virgin olive oil.
- Chop the walnuts into small pieces
- Squeeze the lemon half onto sprouts and toss to distribute.
- Add the anchovy and garlic and toss well to distribute (massaging with your hands works best!)
- Drizzle Meyer lemon olive oil on top.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Photos by Leslie Carvitto