*this recipe is inspired by PCC's Moroccan Yam Salad
- 2 1/2 pounds yams
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Traditional Balsamic
- Garlic Infused Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Cut yams into wedges and toss with 1 tablespoon garlic olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, 1/2 teaspoon paprika, cayenne pepper and a pinch of salt.
- Roast in the oven on a baking sheet until tender, about 15 minutes.
- To make the dressing, combine garlic, lemon juice and remaining cumin, paprika and salt in a small bowl. Whisk in remaining oil; stir in parsley and cilantro.
- Gently combine yams with the dressing and top with sliced almonds and traditional balsamic vinegar.
Photos by Leslie Carvitto