*This recipe was inspired by and adapted from "What's Gaby Cooking"
1 pound of pasta
Basil vinaigrette as needed (recipe below)
2 tablespoons garlic infused olive oil
2 cloves garlic
1 shallot, thinly sliced
½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 head of broccoli
1 cup of corn
Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 small onion
- Jalapeno infused olive oil
Ingredients for Basil Vinegarette
- 1 shallot roughly chopped
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves (stems removed)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons oregano olive oil
Instructions for the pasta:
- Cook pasta according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, pepper flakes, broccoli, and corn. Saute until vegetables are cooked.
- Add the pasta and 1/2 cup of basil vinaigrette and todd to combine. Add more sauce as needed and season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle jalapeno olive oil over the pasta to taste.
Instructions for the vinaigrette:
- Combine all the ingredients for the basil vinaigrette in a high powered blender and blend for 60 seconds until very smooth. Taste and adjust salt and pepper as needed.
Photos by Leslie Carvitto