Pizza is one of those foods my stomach always has room for, and a few slices are never enough to satiate my appetite. We like to make it at home so we can pile on all of our favorite toppings and make multiple pizzas with different ingredients. You can get really creative with vegetables, meats, and even fruit! The broccolini and charred lemon pizza is one of our favorites and we add Italian white truffle oil and balsamic vinegar before devouring!
*This recipe is adapted from The Sprouted Kitchen.
*Pizza Dough: We combined a few recipes to make this dough but there are a number of pizza crusts you can buy from the store. Below are a few suggestions.
- 1 small bunch broccolini
- 1 small Meyer lemon
- 1 small red onion
- 1/4 Cherry Tomatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh grated parmesan
- 6-8 oz. soft goat cheese
- sea salt and pepper, for topping
Olive Oils for drizzling:
- Italian White Truffle Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Scallion Infused Olive Oil
- Traditional Aged Balsamic Vinegar
Preheat oven 30-45 minutes on 450 degrees Fahrenheit to get your pizza stone warm.
Once warm, switch to broil.
- Steam the broccolini for 1 1/2 minutes. Remove to a colander and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking. Chop and set aside.
- Cut the lemon into thin slices and remove seeds.
- Cut cherry tomatoes in half. Add olive oil to a cast iron and char tomatoes.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface
- Spread the shallot olive oil, broccolini, lemon slices, red onion, charred cherry tomatoes, goat cheese, and parmesan.
- Transfer dough to the pizza stone and bake for 7-8 minutes or until browning on the edges.
- Drizzle the top with balsamic vinegar and truffle oil
If you don't have a pizza stone, you can cook the pizza on a cookie sheet at 500 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for 13-15 minutes.
Photos By Leslie Carvitto