It's definitely feeling like Fall around here and summer vegetables are vanishing from the farmers market and our kitchen. Thankfully we have an abundance of delicious fall vegetables to choose from and lots of different ways to cook them. This pan-roasted carrot recipe is a simple dish that can be made as an appetizer or side. We ate them in combination with a roasted chicken dish. Enjoy!
3 large carrots, cut into short strips
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 1 cup spinach
- 2 tbsps rosemary olive oil
- pinch of salt
- green onions for garnish
- red chili flakes (optional)
Ingredients for Truffle Yogurt Sauce
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 2 tbsps tahini
- freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp truffle olive oil
*Serve with flatbread or pita
Instructions for the carrots:
- Add 2 tbsps rosemary olive oil to cast iron. Toss in carrot strips and pan fry on medium-high heat.
- Add a pinch of salt and stir occasionally until carrots begin to darken.
- Once the carrots are cooked, turn down heat to low and add 1 tsp brown sugar.
- Stir the carrots and allow the brown sugar to caramelize them.
- Add red chili flakes for heat.
Instructions for the yogurt sauce
- Combine all the ingredients and stir until smooth.
Photos by Leslie Carvitto