*This recipe was adapted from How Sweet Eats
Chili garlic sauce and our basil and oregano olive oils combine for a flavorful delicata squash dish. Add this to a salad or on top of a bowl of quinoa for a healthy and easy dinner.
- 1 large delicata squash, seeded and cut into thin slices
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce (We use Huy Fong Chili Garlic Sauce)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped basil
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped cilantro
- 1 tbsp oregano olive oil
- 1 tbsp basil olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, brown sugar, and chili garlic paste.
- Arrange the squash in a baking dish and pour the mixture over top.
- Drizzle the oregano and basil olive oil on top.
- Season with salt and pepper and toss well to coat.
- Roast for 20 minutes, then toss a bit and roast for 10 minutes.
- Switch the oven to broil and leave in the oven for another 10 minutes or until brown and slightly crispy.
- Remove from the oven and add the crumbled feta and herbs.
Photos by Leslie Carvitto